Kelly Roberts has practiced exclusively bankruptcy since 2010. She is currently an attorney working for the Bankruptcy Law Offices of James Schwitalla, P.A. She primarily represents debtors in chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies, litigants in adversary proceedings, and small business creditors involved in chapter 11 or chapter 7 cases.
Ms. Roberts also specializes in cases that use the bankruptcy court's Mortgage Modification Mediation program to save properties. She is a frequent speaker on the topic.
Attorney Kelly Roberts is a regular panelist for the Miami-Dade County Bar Association’s Put Something Back Pro Bono Program and the University of Miami Bankruptcy Skills Seminar on the topics of chapter 13 bankruptcy practice and the mortgage modification mediation program in the Southern District of Florida.
She is also a guest lecturer and mentor attorney for the third-year-law-student bankruptcy clinics at the University of Miami and FIU Schools of Law. Kelly Roberts is currently serving on the executive board of the Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida and has been recognized as a 2015 and 2016 "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers.
Kelly Roberts earned her law degree from the University of Miami School of Law. As a student, Ms. Roberts was awarded the 2010 American Bankruptcy Institute's Medal of Excellence for her work with the University of Miami Bankruptcy Skills Clinic. Ms. Roberts graduated from the University of Arizona in 2004 with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
- Florida, 2010
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2010
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida, 2010
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida Juris Doctorate - 2010
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona Bachelor of Arts, Psychology - 2004
- Chapter 13 Panelist, Bankruptcy Basics and Beyond, Put Something Back/ Dade County Bar Association, December 1, 2011
- Moderator, Bankruptcy Basics and Beyond, Put Something Back/ Dade County Bar Association, April 30, 2012
- Panelist, Chapter 7 Nuts and Bolts, Put Something Back/ Dade County Bar Association and American College of Bankruptcy, February 22, 2013
- Court Presentation Presenter, Bankruptcy Basics and Beyond, Put Something Back/ Dade County Bar Association, February 14, 2014
- Mortgage Modification in Bankruptcy Panelist, Chapter 13 Panelist, University of Miami Bankruptcy Skills Workshop, June 6, 2014
- Chapter 13 Panelist, University of Miami Bankruptcy Skills Workshop, June 5, 2015
- Bankruptcy Panelist, Pincus Professional Education Bankruptcy 101: Chapter 7 and 13, November 12, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Annual UM Bankruptcy Skills Workshop, Steering Committee, 2014 - Present
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Second Vice President, 2016 - 2017
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Secretary, 2015 - 2016
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Treasurer, 2014 - 2015
- Bankruptcy Bar of Southern Florida , Young Lawyer Committee Chair, 2013 - 2014
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Technology Committee Member/Website Writer, 2011 - 2012
- Business Networking International, Secretary/Treasurer (from January 2012 - April 2012), Member 2011 - 2014
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers Miami Dade Chapter, Member 2015-Present
- The Florida Bar, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Mentor Attorney, Eleanor R. Cristol and Judge A. Jay Cristol Bankruptcy Pro Bono Assistance Clinic at Miami Law, January 1, 2013 - Present